Sunday, December 19, 2010

Yawn

Six weeks and one day (November 5) after open heart surgery, I yawned relatively pain free for the first time.  I haven't blogged in the last several weeks working to catch up.  This evening while watching a Fleetwood Mac concert on TV and talking with Tucker about the holiday dance he attended, I yawned deeply and realized that the chest pain has begun to lessen significantly.

Anne and I traveled to New York for business, to visit family and to attend the Charity Water Ball (www.charitywater.org) last Monday.  Anne, a group of friends, and I gave a well for my 50th birthday.  The well will soon be dug in a community of the greatest need in one of the poorest areas of our world.  We moved slowly through the airports and Anne did the heavy lifting.  Though most of my energy has returned and all of the wounds are healing well, the movement of travel left me quite sore each evening.   Yawning, coughing and even laughing deeply were all quite painful.  So, to yawn this evening and feel little to no pain was quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment